Practical Adaptations for an Alzheimer Friendly Environment
The living environment surrounding a person with Alzheimer’s disease can have a significant impact on their behaviors. In this conference we will cover the physical adjustments of a person living with dementia’s environment while keeping in mind that they are unique with their own personal history, preferences and experiences.
We will discuss:
- Where to begin – Understanding the changes that can occur with Alzheimer’s disease
- Designing a successful Action Plan
- Ways to adapt the environment
- Tips to enhance mobility and safety
- Finding a balance – autonomy vs. safety
A question period with follow the presentation.