There is Power in Your Purpose: Caregivers can get what they want and need
Do you ever feel your voice isn’t being heard as a family caregiver? Do you think the health care system doesn’t fully acknowledge your health care experience as you support a family member or friend? Advocacy is the power to put your thoughts, needs, and wishes into actions. When a caregiver learns to advocate, they can improve the health and welfare for themselves and the person in their care.
Advocating for your rights will allow you to get more care and create greater opportunities for access to life supporting treatment, therapies and help. Your voice has the power to create a powerful and positive ripple effect on everyone around you.
This three-part online learning series is designed to help caregivers find that voice and become powerful changemakers.
In part 1 of this series, we will introduce the basics of becoming an effective advocate.
Part 1 of the series will cover the following topics:
- Understand what advocacy is and why it is so critical to your caregiving and your health journey;
- Learn how to tell your story and how to build relationships with those who can support you in getting what you need;
- Discover who are the best people to contact to as you become a powerful caregiver activist;
- Learn how to articulate your key messages; the main arguments you want your intended helpers to remember;
- Discover the best ways to communicate your message;
- Learn how to incorporate the media and social networks to inspire others to join you along the journey as a powerful advocate.
Here are some key resources to help you along your advocacy journey:
After the event, on Thursday September 20th, 2018 at 12pm (EDT), you can LIVE CHAT with our advocacy specialist Ryan Clarke. You can ask questions to our experts, meet other caregivers and deepen your knowledge on how to get what you want and need.
Click HERE to join the #advocate4care community and be a part of the free LIVE CHAT experience.