Webinar - English
There is Power in Your Purpose: The persuasive caregiver
Do you ever feel your voice isn’t being heard as a family caregiver? Do you think the health care system doesn’t fully acknowledge your health care experience as you support a family member or friend? Advocacy is the power to put your thoughts, needs, and wishes into actions. When a caregiver learns to advocate, they can improve the health and welfare for themselves and the person in their care.
Advocating for your rights will allow you to get more care and create greater opportunities for access to life supporting treatment, therapies and help. Your voice has the power to create a powerful and positive ripple effect on everyone around you.
This three-part online learning series is designed to help caregivers find that voice and become powerful changemakers.
In part 2 of this series, caregivers will have learn how to harness the power of advocating to positively influence and persuade those around you. Participants will learn how to effectively engage with people, such as healthcare professionals, in a face-to-face environment to ensure their needs are heard and acted upon.
Part two of this series will cover the following topics:
- How to secure and prepare for an advocacy meeting;
- How to build your personal story: written and verbal versions;
- How to incorporate your key messages into your personal story;
- Determining who should join you in your advocacy meetings;
- How to structure a good meeting flow to ensure your message comes across clearly and powerfully;
- Following up after a meeting to ensure your issue is memorable to your intended audience.
After the event, on September 13 at 12pm (EDT), you can LIVE CHAT with our advocacy specialist Ryan Clarke. You can ask questions to our experts, meet other caregivers and deepen your knowledge on how to get what you want and need.
Click HERE to join the #advocate4care community and be a part of the free LIVE CHAT experience.