Webinar - English
There is Power in Your Purpose: Creating a network of caregiver allies
Do you ever feel your voice isn’t being heard as a family caregiver? Do you think the health care system doesn’t fully acknowledge your health care experience as you support a family member or friend? Advocacy is the power to put your thoughts, needs, and wishes into actions. When a caregiver learns to advocate, they can improve the health and welfare for themselves and the person in their care.
Advocating for your rights will allow you to get more care and create greater opportunities for access to life supporting treatment, therapies and help. Your voice has the power to create a powerful and positive ripple effect on everyone around you.
This three-part online learning series is designed to help caregivers find that voice and become powerful changemakers.
In session 3, caregivers will learn that becoming an advocate doesn’t need to be a solitary exercise. We will explain why you should build your own advocacy network along with who to include and where to look for members.
You will also learn:
- What roles members of your network can play in advocacy;
- How to tailor your advocacy tools to your intended audience how to create a powerful “ask”;
- How to match members of your network with your tools and intended audience;
- How to use social media to build, grow and sustain your network;
- How to build your advocacy engagement plan around your network;
- Huddol’s role in connecting caregiver advocate networks .
After the event, on September 20 at 12pm (EDT), you can LIVE CHAT with our advocacy specialist Ryan Clarke. You can ask questions to our experts, meet other caregivers and deepen your knowledge on how to get what you want and need.
Click HERE to join the #advocate4care community and be a part of the free LIVE CHAT experience.