Webinar - English
The Future is Now: How Genomic Profiling Can Inform Cancer Treatment
Just like people, no two cancers are the same. Research has shown that cancer in one person may act and spread quite differently than a similar cancer in another person. Thanks to comprehensive genomic profiling, doctors now have a detailed view of how the cancer can behave differently from patient to patient. By looking at the genomic makeup of a tumour, doctors may be able to identify the distinct DNA features that are driving a patient’s cancer to grow, and suggest what next steps might be right in their journey.
Genomic profiling offers a unique way of looking at an individual’s DNA and how it could be causing their cancer to grow. These valuable insights may help physicians develop a more tailored approach to a patient’s care plan.
The objective of this learning session is to share easy to understand insight and information about Genomic testing and its use in cancer detection and treatment.
This learning event will cover the following topics:
- What is DNA and how might it affect the growth of cancer (basic biology)?
- What is comprehensive genomic profiling?
- How might comprehensive genomic profiling with Foundation Medicine services identify distinct alterations that are driving a patient’s cancer to grow and inform next steps in their treatment plan?
- Which patients may benefit from ordering Foundation Medicine services?
- What types of information may Foundation Medicine services reveal?
- What is the process of ordering Foundation Medicine services/what are the available services in Canada?
- How can patients identify public or private reimbursement for their Foundation Medicine test?
By the end of the online learning event, participants should understand what comprehensive genomic profiling is, what type of patients it is right for, what to consider as a patient or caregiver when making the decision to test, and how Foundation Medicine services differ from other tests. Participants will also learn about the different end results that information from comprehensive genomic profiling may potentially reveal. This information will help professionals determine if comprehensive genomic profiling with Foundation Medicine is the right next step.
A question period will follow the presentation.
FoundationOne®, FoundationOne®Heme and FoundationOne®Liquid are next-generation sequencing services performed by Foundation Medicine, Inc. at laboratories located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Hoffmann-La Roche Limited markets these services in Canada under an exclusive license from Foundation Medicine, Inc. The FoundationOne®, FoundationOne®Heme and FoundationOne®Liquid reports are prepared exclusively by Foundation Medicine, Inc., without Hoffmann-La Roche Limited’s involvement. The reports may include scientific information about experimental medicinal product(s) or uses that are not approved and/ or available in Canada. Hoffmann-La Roche Limited does not endorse or recommend the unapproved use of any medicinal product. FoundationOne® , FoundationOne®Heme and FoundationOne®Liquid are trade-marks of Foundation Medicine, Inc., used under license.