Session 2 - Understanding ovarian cancer: for the newly diagnosed
This session will provide an overview for those recently diagnosed with the intent of offering information, practical resources, and decision-making strategies to help cope.
Presentation for learning and comprehension of ovarian cancer by :
- Understanding common responses to an ovarian cancer diagnosis for both you and your partner.
- Overview of ovarian cancer including: different types and sub-types of ovarian cancer; how subtypes can impact treatment; how subtypes are connected to genetics and the potential impact on your family.
- Understanding the health care team, how to communicate effectively and get the information you need. Prioritizing questions to ask the doctor including sample questions.
- How to support your partner through her diagnosis and treatment.
- How to communicate and process your own emotions during this time.
These topics will be addressed during this conference and will be followed by a question/answer period.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE CAREGIVER COMPANION for families supporting loved ones with breast or ovarian cancer.
Watch the Partners in Care Cancer Series : Caregivers, survivors, and health care professionals talk about the importance of the caregiver in the breast and ovarian cancer journey. Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3 – Part 4